Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm back!! Did ya miss me?

Vacation was a blast. I'm sunburned from head to toe and it feels great!! My kids are going to tan!! I'm so excited about this! I didn't want them to have to deal with the whole fair skinned thing I deal with daily. They are so cute right now with their little tan lines! Granted, they don't tan as much as some others, but lots more than me!!

Ari got sick our first night there with a high fever and throwing up. She was really clingy for most of the trip. I'm not sure if it was b/c of her not feeling well or all the people she didn't know. She ran a fever off and on just about the entire trip. If it comes back now that we are home it is off to the dr. She wasn't real thrilled about the pool at first, but by the end she was trying to turn away from me and let go. She also learned how to open the gate to the pool so we had to keep an extra vigilant eye on her. She didn't like the ocean at all. She would hold her legs up if you tried to put her down. Just means that we will have to go more often! LOL

Joshua was great. He loved seeing his cousins and his Uncle Payne. Not to mention his Namma. We accidentally left his stuffed animals he sleeps with at home, but we told him that we left them to keep Daddy safe. That seemed to work pretty well. He talked about them, but never cried for them. He LOVED the pool. He would swim all over it with his swimming vest on. He didn't like the ocean either. He would cling to one of us the whole time we were in the water and run from the waves. He even started back to the car all by himself. LOL

I loved seeing my family and being at the beach. Well, maybe the pool more since I absolutely HATE sand, but it was fun. Michael flew down on Thursday and since the house still hadn't closed we didn't get our alone weekend in Tampa, but we were able to get a room on the island for one night. It was great to have some alone time with my husband.

The house still hasn't closed!! Yeah, we aren't too happy about that!! The buyers have tried using another lender since the first one can't seem to get it done. We should hear something this week. My agent said that this one is already in underwriting. We did, however, put the house back on the market. This means that we can accept another offer if one comes in and we haven't closed on this one yet. Keep your fingers crossed that this comes to an end soon. Otherwise we are pretty much screwed with the mortgage and rent. Not something I want to have to deal with at the moment. I'm stressed enough as it is.

It's good to be home and I think I slept better last night than I did the whole vacation. I can thank being in MY bed for that. I love that first night back home in my own bed. Now it's back to reality though and I have to clean the house today and get ready for my inservice tomorrow. School starts back on the 26th with a week of inservices and the kids come back on Aug. 1. Summer is pretty much over and I have to wonder where it went! LOL It is just never long enough!

No comments: