Thursday, July 06, 2006

Finally!!

Well, we are finally all moved!! It was a long, hot, and tiring process, but it is all done now. I have unpacked most of the boxes. The apartment is livable now and even the kids' rooms are set up the way I want them. Our room is another story. We have lost one of the clamps to our bed frame so we can't put the bed together. I'll be calling the store where we bought the bed to find a replacement. I swear that laundry multiplies when you move. I know I didn't have this much laundry at the house. Before we could even start to reduce the amount of laundry we had to buy a replacement plug for the dryer. Our plug had 4 prongs and the outlet had 3. Then I had to wait until the apartment maintenance man could come over and put the new plug on. I probably could have done it, but I figure why should I have to now that I can call someone to do it for me! Not to mention the fact that I HATE doing laundry and will do just about anything to put it off! LOL I was all set to start cleaning all of our clothes when I found out (the hard way) that the hose that drains the water from the washing machine had a hole in it. I had bleach water (b/c you know that the first load of laundry was whites) all over the floor. I'm just hoping that it doesn't bleach the carpet. I had to make yet another trip to The Home Depot for yet another part. I was able to replace this one with a little help from Michael who moved the washer out so I could get behind it. And, wouldn't you know, as soon as I got the old hose off water starts gushing out all over the floor again!!!! I ended up having to wash even more laundry with all the towels I used to clean up the mess. It just wasn't my day! LOL Now all is working fine and I only have 2 or 3 more loads to go which is good b/c Pirates of the Caribbean is tomorrow. Oh, and we leave for Florida! Not sure which I'm more excited about!! ;-)

1 comment:

sc@vp said...

OMGSH - can't WAIT to see Pirates. Going tomorrow!!

(wish I were going to Florida, too but ...)