Wednesday, September 09, 2009
H1N1 or Swine Flu
Whatever you want to call it we've got it. Joshua was diagnosed with it yesterday after running a fever for 3 days. Ari woke me up at 3am with a high fever and throwing up. *sigh* So far Sammie hasn't exhibited any symptoms. Please say a prayer that she doesn't. Her getting it really scares me. So far with the big kids its been pretty mild. Ari is puking, but I think that comes with the high fever as she tends to do that when she runs one over 102. She's feeling pretty pitiful right now though. We are armed with Tamiflu for all kids. That stuff is EXPENSIVE!!! It was $50 per kid so I dropped $150 last night on medicine. Our insurance did save us $200 though. How in the world do people with no insurance afford this stuff? Geez!!
As for Michael and I, we are feeling ok for now. I was feeling iffy this morning, but I think it was lack of sleep. I took a nap and feel better now. I'm so hoping that the adults are spared. I'm not sure I can take care of sick kiddos when I'm that sick too. Could get ugly around here.
Right now I'm trying to decide what to do about work. Should I go in? Should I stay home? I've been told that it can be spread even before symptoms show up in the person. I guess I'll talk to my principal to see what she thinks. I planned on going in today and then Ari woke up puking. I didn't feel right about leaving her home without me with that and a high fever.
Now I'm off to buy more Tylenol and Motrin. We are definitely going through it quickly with 2 sick kiddos.
If you are the praying type please say a quick one for us that this is quick and as mild.