Sunday, March 25, 2007

I'm home! (this is long!!)

This post could have so many titles.
1. I hate traffic!
2. I'm exhausted!
3. Did I mention I was going on vacation?

You get the idea.

Sorry I didn't mention that I was going on vacation. I thought about it after I left. LOL Hope all my readers didn't abandon me thinking I had disappeared. ;-)


Well, we are finally home. It took us 2 1/2-3 hours longer to get here than it should have though. We got stuck in Atlanta traffic. Not once, but twice!! You could really say 3 times, but going through downtown we didn't ever completely stop. On the south side we were about 30 miles outside of Atlanta when the traffic started backing up. I'm still waiting on someone to explain to me how going from 3 lanes to 5 lanes causes a back up. It never fails though. Traffic always gets backed up starting at the 75/675 split. Then it backs up for miles and miles. My thought is that if idiot drivers would just stay in their lanes and DRIVE it wouldn't happen!! Then on the north side they are doing construction and you lose a lane at 2 points so the extra traffic of spring breakers going home really had it backed up too. I don't usually get in bad traffic on the north side so I wasn't expecting it. I was past frustrated at that point.

We had a wonderful time on vacation though. We didn't do much. It was kinda cool with the wind coming off the ocean to spend much time at the beach with the kids, but we went to the play park (that's what the kids call it) everyday. They really loved that. In the afternoons we would go to Aunt Mimi's house to play outside or play in Namma's play park. One afternoon we went shopping. Well, I didn't buy anything, but Namma bought the kids several new summer outfits. Then we went out for seafood. I was able to get my crab leg fix! That is always nice! One night Aunt Mimi cooked us a wonderful roast for dinner. She even had strawberry shortcake for dessert. I don't think I've ever seen my kids eat so much!! On Friday my nephews came over and we all went to the zoo. Let me just say that the Jacksonville Zoo is great!! It's huge and has some of the best animals. We got to see lions, camels, huge alligators, and gorillas. I love the gorilla! He was huge and he was kinda interacting with the people. They have them so that you can be on the same level with only glass separating you. It's pretty cool!! We went to dinner on Friday evening for Namma's birthday and that's when Uncle Payne showed up. Joshua loves Uncle Payne, but Ari isn't so sure. She was really shy and reserved with him all night and the next morning. She did finally give him a hug and kiss as we were leaving though. I hope she gets over that soon. He wants to play with her so bad. I think it's the facial hair that has her freaked out. She is the same way with my dad who has a beard.

I was able to have lunch with a friend from high school. It was great to see him. Maybe next time we can chat for longer.

Even though we didn't do a lot it was a great vacation. Very relaxing. We missed Michael though. And Georgia. The whole way home the kids keep telling me that they wanted to see Daddy. When he opened the van door once we got home Ari just giggled and giggled repeating "Daddy!!" It was pretty cute.

I guess I'm famous now (well, maybe just here in Nashville. LOL)! While I was gone Brittney over at NIT (that's Nashville is Talking for all my non-Nashville readers) linked to me (it is the Bon Jovi post). Wonder how she ever knew I liked Jon Bon Jovi? No really, how did she know? Wonder what else she has learned about me from my blog? LOL

Anyway, it's good to be home. Sleeping in my own bed last night was heaven!! LOL I think the kids were happy to be back in their beds too. Joshua slept an hour later than he did all week and Ari slept 2 hours later. I got to sleep in too. My wonderful husband got up with them this morning.

Now we are off to the park. I hope everyone had a great week and didn't miss me too much! ;-)

2 comments:

peach said...

Glad you had a great time! :)

Beth said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation. Hopefully if all goes well we will be on one soon.