Monday, April 03, 2006

Ah, the volatile weather of Spring

And so it begins. Last night was rather scary. We had some really rough weather starting around midnight last night. I woke up to hail beating down on my roof and against my windows. I laid there just listening intently to the storm. I was a little nervous. Around 1am there is this huge clap of thunder and Joshua screams. He made it to our room before I could get out of bed to go get him. He was scared to death. Poor little guy. He ended up staying in bed with us the rest of the night. Michael got up around 1:30am and went downstairs to take the dog out........I guess. When he came back up I sent him back to watch the weather. It was so windy with continuous thunder and lightening. I ended up going down to watch too. I stayed up until about 2:30am before venturing back to bed to try and get some sleep. The storm ended somewhere around 3am and I finally went back to sleep. We didn't have any tornados in our area, but back to the west of us was hit pretty hard. We were lucky this time.

I love Springtime because it starts to get warmer and the trees and flowers come alive again, but I also dread it each year. Bad weather like that really scares me now that I have kids. It seems like it is getting worse too. Maybe it's just because now I pay more attention to it and I'm also in an area where we get more bad weather than where I've lived in the past. I'm hoping that this year it really isn't as bad though. Although, they are already talking about more severe storms coming through at the end of this week. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they are wrong.

No comments: