Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wow!! What a night!!!




This was one of the best concerts these guys have put on in a long time. They rocked us for 2 1/2 hours nonstop. I danced, I screamed, and I sang along with every song. Funny how you never forget the words. It was an amazing night and I have to thank my wonderful husband for endulging me in my obsession on the most romantic night of the year knowing that he ceased to exist for those 2 1/2 hours while Jon Bon Jovi sang just for me. Now I know that there were 16,000+ people in the GEC last night, but he can make you feel like he is singing just to you and I have decided that I want to believe that! LOL

They started out with Last Man Standing which was no surprise. Jon was on a platform by the lighting and sound setup. He walked through the crowd to get to the stage. That was pretty awesome. They did the old stuff and several from the new CD. Jon plays the crowd so well. I was wondering if they would touch on the stuff happening with Richie since it was Valentine's Day and they did. Jon said something about how Cupid could sometimes be a bitch and then called Richie over to the mic. He said yeah he sure was and he had gotten him good. Jon laughs and says who can be to down when there were 20,000 available women there and that he was going to "sell" Richie to everyone of them. They then went into a rendition of I'll Be There For You. It was pretty cute. They did about 3 ballads with Jon out in the audience not very far from us. He sang My Funny Valentine in honor of the day. They left the stage before the encore and I was a little disappointed that they hadn't done Welcome To Wherever You Are, but they did it when they came back out. They ended the show with Wanted which was expected as well. Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland came on and did Who Says You Can't Go Home with them. I kinda figured she would since I knew they were in town for a show of their own last night.

I am going through withdrawls already. I want to see them again and hopefully I will get to this summer. My obsession continues after 20+ years and I expect it to continue for 20 more. I want to one day take my daughter to a Bon Jovi concert.

1 comment:

admin said...

UGHHHH!!!!!!!! Jealous!! My mom went last night in Houston...HATE YOU GUYS!! LOL Glad you had fun!!