Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I hate pharmacies.

So, Joshua has pink eye. Poor little guy has it in both eyes. I call his doctor and they call in a prescription for me. This is so it will be ready when I get to the pharmacy to pick it up, right? Apparently not! I get there, they haven't even checked the doctor line so the prescription has not even been started yet. They say, "It will be about 20 minutes." Okay, no problem. I can shop around for 20 minutes. We actually shop for longer than that. We make it back over to the pharmacy after about an hour. Prescription is still not ready. They can't find Joshua in the system. "Are you sure he has had a prescription with us before?" Ummmm, yeah this is the only pharmacy I've been to since we moved here. Okay, so now they need the insurance card. Okay, no problem. A little frustrated since it is now 5:30pm and we got there at 4:20pm. We wait.................and wait...................and wait. By this time both kids are very unhappy campers. They are hungry and tired. It is past time for dinner and approaching bedtime. An hour later they need my insurance card again. I'm kidding, right? No! A whole 2 hours after I had come in to pick up a prescription that had been called in earlier in the day and we finally get it filled. Do you know what they had to do to fill it? Pick it up off the shelf, scan it, and put a label on it. There was no mixing or counting or anything "extra." They just had to pick it up off the shelf. Needless to say, I was irrate. I had a few things to say to the pharmacist that were not very nice. It was past bedtime for my kids and they hadn't even had dinner yet because they couldn't get their crap together. I had to feed my kids McDonald's because they were absolutely starving. There is no way they could have waited until I made something once we got home. They still had to take a bath. They got in bed about 2 hours later than usual. Poor Ari was so tired tonight we barely made it until 6pm before she had to go to bed. Luckily Joshua got to sleep in today since he couldn't go to school so he wasn't as whiny as he could have been had he gotten up at 5:30am like Ari.

I'll not go back to that pharmacy that is for sure. That is actually the second time it's happened to us. We have been going to the same place for a couple years and never had a problem. I'm not sure what is going on with them now, but I'm not going through that again.

No comments: