Monday, February 20, 2006

Ah, a mommy free day all to myself!!

I even got to sleep in until 9am. WOOHOO! Michael told me to take some time for myself today. I left the kids with him and went shopping for jeans and such. I bought much more than that though! Then I went to eat at Red Lobster. It was so nice to be able to sit down for a meal and not have to worry about hearing "Momma, I want......" "Momma, I need......" or just "MOMMA!!!!" I really enjoyed myself.


I did see something that just made me roll my eyes. There was a table of 4 women and a 2 year old across from me. This poor little guy. They were tearing his food into bite sized pieces...........even his roll and they wouldn't let him hold his own drink and it had a lid on it. I felt so bad for him. He so badly wanted to hold his cup. I am by no stretch of the imagination a perfect parent, but I do know that you have to let them become independent. Joshua wouldn't let us hold his cup now if we tried.

Anyway, it was a great day that I needed. It's really nice to get some time to yourself once in a while. Now Michael is off getting his alone time. He helped me get them fed and bathed so that was great. I just had to put them to bed.

No comments: