Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Well hell!

Not only was the sell of our house postponed, but now it has been cancelled. The couple buying our house are now separating and can no longer buy it. Geez people. You would think that if someone was having marital problems they wouldn't be trying to buy a house. Right? They have to have been having these problems before they put an offer on our house. I mean really, it's only been under contract for a month. This is getting to the point of ridiculous. Don't they have to pay a penalty for breaking the contract? What happens to the earnest money? I guess that is something I need to talk to my realtor about.

I have decided that I am going to look at the positives here.

1. We have more time to find the "perfect" house.
2. I am home to keep the house presentable since we are out of school for the summer.
3. We learned a few things about offers, counter offers, and closing costs. (This could help us make a little more money on the sell.)

This is going to be a good thing for us. Please remind me I said this when I am stressing out later! LOL

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes, you get to keep the earnest money. And, if you want, you may have some other recourse action you may take. Like, if the final sale price of your home (when you sell it) is less than what it would have been had that buyer stuck to the contract, you may be due the difference from the buyer who backed out. Check with your realtor (and an attorney.)

Good luck with it all. I know how frustrating selling and buying a home can be!

Beth said...

Oh no I am sorry to hear this. But like they say everything happens for a reason. I hope you get a buyer and find you the perfect house. {{{{HUGS}}}}} Beth