Friday, January 27, 2006

Chit Chat

Michael commented that I hadn't updated my blog in awhile. My response was that nothing really exciting or interesting happened to me this week. He says that one never knows how interesting things can be to someone else. So, prepare yourself for my "exciting" week!
;-)

KIDS
Ari refused to eat much this week. She wouldn't drink much milk. I'm guessing she wasn't feeling up to par. Yesterday and today she finally decided that she was hungry.........thankfully. Still only 2 teeth. Her top gums are swollen and apparently sore if her crankiness is any indication.
Joshua is his typical 2 year old self. Happy and funloving one minute, cranky and whiny the next. Somebody please save me from moody 2 year olds. He is having a great time at school. He loves Ms. Michelle. He loves his friends. He talks about Abby and Hayden a lot when we get home. Oh, I think I have ruined him. When we are in the car and I have the new Bon Jovi CD in he sings along and tells me to "turn on the music Momma." It's really cute!
SCHOOL
We had our 100th day this week. It was pretty fun. We all changed classes and each did a project with the kids. They really enjoyed it. I had several kids out sick this week. We have a nasty bug going around. Unfortunately, I had to send 2 boys to the principal's office this week. One was threatening others and one threw a girl's shoe into a mud puddle while we were on the playground in 40 degree weather. I have no idea what either of them were thinking.
ME
I think I had a touch of the nasty bug going around. Luckily I'm feeling much better now. It just disappeared yesterday at 9am. Weird. I thought I broke my toe. I ran into my rolling cart about 5 minutes after thinking to myself that I had better move it or Michael may trip over it when he gets home. Leave it to me. Turns out that it's only bruised. It is feeling much better too.
I've decided that trying to lose weight is going to be the death of me. Why can't someone just invent a magic pill? You would think with today's technology that it wouldn't be that hard. I was doing great and had lost 5 lbs, but for some reason this week I feel like I went backwards. I haven't stepped on the scale yet to test it though.
One exciting thing did happen this week, at least for us. We bought a new laptop computer with a wireless router. Now I can surf the web while sitting in the living room watching tv or upstairs in our room if it gets too cold downstairs. I'm loving it. Now I haven't decided if this is a good thing or not. It just gives me further access to my obsession.
Now that you are bored to tears with my life you can leave a comment to make me feel better. LOL

1 comment:

Melhi said...

Your life is still more exciting than mine! :)

Heath's been trying to lose a few pounds, too and it seems like just when he's feeling great about it, he hits one of those weeks like you describe. Maybe it's just part of the process for everybody? It's sure frustrating to watch how frustrating it is for him -- especially when I think he looks *Fine* (with a capital F!) just how he is. :)

Happy Birthday to Ari!!
Hope to see y'all again, soon!

Mel.