Friday, December 02, 2005

How do you teach first graders when you have no voice?

This was something that I had to figure out these last 3 days. I completely lost my voice, yet I still went to school. Let me just say that it really isn't easy to teach when you can't talk. The kids loved it and I had very eager interpreters. They were actually pretty well behaved for me not being able to talk. Hey! Maybe I will start whispering all the time so they have to stay quiet and pay attention! LOL

They did enjoy being able to speak for me. They all wanted to be the one who translated to the class and when the office called in on the intercom they all would answer. And, wouldn't you know that while they never usually call me on the intercom, they called a dozen or so times when I couldn't talk.

My voice is much better today although it still goes in and out. I'm just hoping that resting it over the weekend will help and I can talk normally on Monday.

No comments: